This is the king of ghees, from that empress of Desi cows, the Gir. Light and satvic, its flavour is unmatched.
Including a few servings of Ghee in your daily diet is a great way to access a series of health benefits:
- Ghee boosts your intake of vitamin A, E and K, all critical nutrients in maintaining healthy vision, supple skin and strong bones.
- It’s packed with Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), a fatty acid with a long list of health benefits. Some studies have found that CLA may be effective in reducing body fat, alleviating inflammation, preventing cancer formation and even reducing blood pressure.
- It’s great for the lactose intolerant as lactose and casein have been removed through skimming and straining
Gaon Fresh Gir A2 Cow Ghee is made according to Ayurveda, by the Bilona (churning) method. Their ghee making process is as follows:
- The milk is heated and then cooled to make yoghurt.
- The entire full cream yoghurt is then churned (hence the Hindi name Bilona which comes from the action of churning) to form white butter and buttermilk (chaanj).
- The white butter is manually separated from the chaanj and washed. [The buttermilk (chaanj) is a by product that is consumed each day by our farmer mother’s family. In typical village generosity, excess buttermilk is always shared with the neighbours. It is eaten with a wheat or millet roti, chutney and onion and is an important nutritional element for the farmer families.]
- The white butter is then gently heated to give ghee. As the butter melts, the milk solids (caseins) precipitate to the bottom.
- The golden liquid is then strained with a thin muslin cloth and then allowed to cool, to give you pure Desi A2 Bilona cow ghee.
Any Ghee which is not Bilona Process is not recognised by Ayurveda as ghee.
Packing size: 1 ltr