Gaon Fresh Desi A2 Cow Ghee is made according to Ayurveda, by the Bilona (churning) method. Their ghee making process is as follows:
- The milk is heated and then cooled to make yoghurt.
- The entire full cream yoghurt is then churned (hence the Hindi name Bilona which comes from the action of churning) to form white butter and buttermilk (chaanj).
- The white butter is manually separated from the chaanj and washed. [The buttermilk (chaanj) is a by product that is consumed each day by our farmer mother’s family. In typical village generosity, excess buttermilk is always shared with the neighbours. It is eaten with a wheat or millet roti, chutney and onion and is an important nutritional element for the farmer families.]
- The white butter is then gently heated to give ghee. As the butter melts, the milk solids (caseins) precipitate to the bottom.
- The golden liquid is then strained with a thin muslin cloth and then allowed to cool, to give you pure Desi A2 Bilona cow ghee.
Any Ghee which is not Bilona Process is not recognised by Ayurveda as ghee.
Packing size: 1 ltr